While there are Audio Engineering Institutes and Schools you can attend to learn your craft, you can also start studying with a lot of material available online. However, with all the information floating around the internet, it can get a little confusing to know what / who exactly to follow and learn from. Here’s our list of channels and online organizations that we feel you can check out!
1. Slate Academy
About: Music production courses taught by industry legends. Get the full session, every plugin, every sample, and every preset. All part of the All-Access Pass. Every Slate Academy course comes with the full session files – transposed perfectly to your DAW
2. Mix with The Masters
About: Learn music production from the world’s top music mixers and producers
This Resource has detailed Mixing and Mastering Tutorials with the biggest names in the industry, with very easy to understand and actionable insgihts that you can inegrate into your workflow.
3. Waves Audio
About: Interactive courses dedicated to expanding popular knowledge of audio and audio production, for audio professionals, academics, musicians, and audio enthusiasts.
About: Are you ready to learn how to record music and make an album? Our expert-led audio tutorials show how to record and mix songs, make beats, play and customize software instruments, and use popular music production and sound engineering software like Avid Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, and more.
The BAM Audio Course is a free online Audio Course intended to save the “art” of Audio Engineering from becoming another victim in a point-and-click world. Preset sounds and settings are convenient and easy but rarely give results beyond “good enough”. Judging from the popular opinion that most of today’s music feels and sounds inferior to older music, perhaps “good enough” simply ISN’T.
7. Udemy - Complete Audio Production Course -Record & Mix Better
Whether you’re a video creator, podcaster, online course creator, YouTuber, musician or anyone else recording & editing audio, this is the perfect course for you.
Their promise is that by the end of this course you will have better-sounding audio if you put into practice the techniques we teach.
What will you learn?
- Understand the equipment needed to record great audio on any budget
- Know how to use microphones, audio interfaces, and accessories
- Decrease background noise and echo with room treatment, including cheap DIY methods that actually work
- Record and sync audio from multiple cameras or sources
- Edit audio in a free application called Pro Tools First
- Mix audio to make it sound professional with effects like Gain, Noise Gate, De-Essing, EQ, Compression, Limiting and more
- Export high quality audio for any purpose
- Use the techniques learned in Pro Tools First in any other editing application of your choice
What do you get when you enroll?
- 4+ hours of premium video training
- Lifetime access to course updates
- Helpful support from instructors who truly care
- Downloadable guides
- An in-demand skill
Hope this helps! However, if you do feel the need to have more structured learning, you can visit us at Gray Spark Audio Academy and learn more about our course structure.